About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I am happily married to Ellis. We were married on May 9th of 2009 (the best day of my life). I am a nurse in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit). Ellis is currently in school full time finishing up his basics and is also working as a care partner at the hospital. He plans to attend nursing school. On December 19th of 2010 we were blessed with our son, Gavin. Gavin was with us for 11 short days (that we are extremely grateful for) before he passed away. He is now with our Father in Heaven, where we look forward to seeing him again someday. We are currently expecting our second baby, a little girl. She is due in May of 2012. We have a chocolate lab named Sadie and a yellow lab named Lucky. They are both a little over two years old and a lot of fun. I enjoy learning more about God, traveling, shopping, and spending time with my husband,friends,and family. We love God and know we are blessed beyond measure.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Just wanted to post a quick update and let you all know that all of my lab work came back normal, which means I do NOT have an autoimmune disorder. This is the best news that we've received in a long time. We are so happy and so thankful. God is good! What all this means is with all the information that we now have regarding Gavin's condition, there is a 10% chance that we could have another baby with the same problems as Gavin. The reason that it is 10% is because once you have had a baby that has had some anomalies to the extent that Gavin did, you will always be considered to be at a higher risk. When we get pregnant again we will be followed very closely by both an OB doctor and a perinatologist. I know that time will be both exciting and terrifying, but I know that I serve a big God who will help me to handle it. Hope everyone has a great week-end.
Love to All,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment