About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I am happily married to Ellis. We were married on May 9th of 2009 (the best day of my life). I am a nurse in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit). Ellis is currently in school full time finishing up his basics and is also working as a care partner at the hospital. He plans to attend nursing school. On December 19th of 2010 we were blessed with our son, Gavin. Gavin was with us for 11 short days (that we are extremely grateful for) before he passed away. He is now with our Father in Heaven, where we look forward to seeing him again someday. We are currently expecting our second baby, a little girl. She is due in May of 2012. We have a chocolate lab named Sadie and a yellow lab named Lucky. They are both a little over two years old and a lot of fun. I enjoy learning more about God, traveling, shopping, and spending time with my husband,friends,and family. We love God and know we are blessed beyond measure.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful moms out there especially my own. I have the most amazing mom in the world. God blessed me with a mom who has always been here for me no matter what. I've seen her unconditional love my entire life. I hope to be a woman like her. I respect my mom so much more after having Gavin for 11 short days. I can only imagine how much stress and worry I caused her. I now know what it's like to worry and want the best for your children. Gavin was so blessed to get to spend time with his grandma every single day during his short 11 days. I know he knew he was loved by her. She spent every morning with him and she loved him so much. She helped me to see him as my precious gift from God. In God's eyes our sweet Gavin was perfect. He was fearfully and wonderfully made. God had a plan for Gavin that was much different from our plan. Although I never wanted my Gavin to suffer, I wish that my sweet Gavin was still here and that we were celebrating Mother's Day the way that most mother's do, but then reality sets in and I remember that we don't get the opportunities that most parents do. Most parents don't have to say goodbye 11 days after they have said hello. I know that Gavin is in Heaven with the only One who could provide him with better care than Ellis and I. Hope you all had a Happy Mother's day.
Love to All,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment