About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I am happily married to Ellis. We were married on May 9th of 2009 (the best day of my life). I am a nurse in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit). Ellis is currently in school full time finishing up his basics and is also working as a care partner at the hospital. He plans to attend nursing school. On December 19th of 2010 we were blessed with our son, Gavin. Gavin was with us for 11 short days (that we are extremely grateful for) before he passed away. He is now with our Father in Heaven, where we look forward to seeing him again someday. We are currently expecting our second baby, a little girl. She is due in May of 2012. We have a chocolate lab named Sadie and a yellow lab named Lucky. They are both a little over two years old and a lot of fun. I enjoy learning more about God, traveling, shopping, and spending time with my husband,friends,and family. We love God and know we are blessed beyond measure.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Our 2 Year Anniversary and other randomness!



This week has been a good week for us. Monday was our 2 year anniversary. We had a great day celebrating our life together. We had a picnic at the park where Ellis proposed, went to the movies, walked around the mall, and just enjoyed each other. It was great. I am so blessed to be married to my best friend. I thank God for my awesome husband everyday. I can't imagine going through all that we've been through in the last several months all alone or with someone else. Ellis is so positive and optimistic. He is hopeful when I have no hope. He knows what I need from him without me telling him. He is an amazing person and I am so blessed to have him as my husband. In other news I have been on a diet for the last two weeks and it is going well. Since I've been on it I've lost 3lbs (which isn't a lot), but I've lost 2 inches in my hips and 1.5 inches in my waist. I can now fit into the clothes I wore before I got pregnant with Gavin. That makes me so happy and gives me the encouragement to keep going. I needed to lose weight before I got pregnant with Gavin so I am hoping to keep losing weight and to get in shape. One of the doctor's that I work with has been helping me try to find an immunologist to go see to get tested for autoimmune disorders. I am so thankful to have her help. I am trying to find an immunologist at UT Southwestern because we feel that an academic immunologist will be the most up to date on current research and trends and will be the most beneficial for me to go to if I do indeed have some type of autoimmune disorder. Of course my prayer is that I don't and my goal is to check off the list of things that I need to be tested for and for them all to be negative. As much as I would love to have a specific answer for why this happened to Gavin, I don't want the answer to be that something is wrong with my body. The only two options left are that it was a "fluke" or I have some sort of autoimmune disorder. I'll take the "fluke". I am ready for closure, but realistically that won't happen for awhile. I've learned a lot about patience over the last several months and I don't remember asking for patience (lol), but I should be the most patient person in the world when this whole ordeal is over. Next week Ellis will have a job interview for a prn anesthesia tech position. I am hoping and praying that he gets this position. He really wants it. I have a good feeling about it. He will also be going to summer school this summer too, so he will be busy. I hope you all have a great weekend.
Love to all,
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog on Kelly's Korner. I just wanted to tell you what a beautiful couple you and your husband are!!

    ReplyDelete