About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I am happily married to Ellis. We were married on May 9th of 2009 (the best day of my life). I am a nurse in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit). Ellis is currently in school full time finishing up his basics and is also working as a care partner at the hospital. He plans to attend nursing school. On December 19th of 2010 we were blessed with our son, Gavin. Gavin was with us for 11 short days (that we are extremely grateful for) before he passed away. He is now with our Father in Heaven, where we look forward to seeing him again someday. We are currently expecting our second baby, a little girl. She is due in May of 2012. We have a chocolate lab named Sadie and a yellow lab named Lucky. They are both a little over two years old and a lot of fun. I enjoy learning more about God, traveling, shopping, and spending time with my husband,friends,and family. We love God and know we are blessed beyond measure.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I do not understand God, but I know God and I know God is good

I have started doing a Bible study with a close friend called Believing God. We have only been doing the study for two weeks, but so far it has been great. We planned on starting this study before Gavin was born, but Gavin came sooner than we expected. I feel like the timing for this study together has been perfect. I am so excited as I have begun to study the Bible more and try to enhance my knowledge of the Bible and God. I believe that Gavin has brought me closer to my God and I am forever grateful for that. I know that Gavin had a purpose and that in his short eleven days he was able to complete his purpose for his earthly life. The title of this blog has meant so much to me today. I heard this on the video that we watch for our Bible study and it just seemed to fit so perfectly to how I feel. Although I may never have a complete understanding of why Ellis and I were chosen for Gavin, I do know that my God is perfect. Throughout my life so many times I have thought that I have things all figured out, later to find out that I was so far from what was best for me. As the days, months, and years passed I was able to see that Gods plan for me was better than I could have ever imagined for myself. I know that Gods plan for our life is better than either Ellis or I can imagine. I pray that God turns our tragedy of losing our first born into something that will glorify Him. Thank God tonight for the blessings He has given you.
Love to all,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment