About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I am happily married to Ellis. We were married on May 9th of 2009 (the best day of my life). I am a nurse in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit). Ellis is currently in school full time finishing up his basics and is also working as a care partner at the hospital. He plans to attend nursing school. On December 19th of 2010 we were blessed with our son, Gavin. Gavin was with us for 11 short days (that we are extremely grateful for) before he passed away. He is now with our Father in Heaven, where we look forward to seeing him again someday. We are currently expecting our second baby, a little girl. She is due in May of 2012. We have a chocolate lab named Sadie and a yellow lab named Lucky. They are both a little over two years old and a lot of fun. I enjoy learning more about God, traveling, shopping, and spending time with my husband,friends,and family. We love God and know we are blessed beyond measure.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Our New Season

Wow it has been several months since I've lasted posted on our blog and a lot has changed at the Spencer's. We are expecting our second baby. We are having a girl, Ava Grace. She is due May 19th, 2012. Ava is healthy and perfect. We were followed by the perinatologist until March. In March our doctor released us because she had no need to follow us anymore since Ava does not have any problems. That was a very exciting day for us. The only excitement (which by all means is more than enough) that we've had with this pregnancy is that I am on bed rest. I was about 31.5 weeks and went in for a routing doctor's appointment. I had been having some pelvic "aching" (pressure) for a few weeks so my doctor wanted to check me to be sure that everything was okay. I was dilated 1cm and 50% effaced. She then placed a monitor on to look for contractions and noted some uterine irritability. So I was placed on bed rest and medication to keep Ava content in the womb for as long as possible. I will be on both the bed rest and medication until I am 36.5 weeks and then we will stop both. The doctor doesn't think that it will take long once I'm off the medication for Ava to make her appearance. I turned 35 weeks today. We are thankful for everyday that our sweet girl gets in the womb. Daddy has been busy taking care of me while also working, going to school, and preparing the house for Ava. He finished Ava's room this week and it looks amazing. It turned out better than I ever imagined. He is such a great man. I am so blessed to have him as my husband and Ava is so blessed to have him for a daddy. By the way he is already crazy about her. He has big plans for him and his little girl. I know she will be a daddy's girl and I'm okay with that. I think every girl should be a daddy's girl. I hope you are all doing well. I am going to do my best to post more frequently. Have a good night.
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment