About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I am happily married to Ellis. We were married on May 9th of 2009 (the best day of my life). I am a nurse in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit). Ellis is currently in school full time finishing up his basics and is also working as a care partner at the hospital. He plans to attend nursing school. On December 19th of 2010 we were blessed with our son, Gavin. Gavin was with us for 11 short days (that we are extremely grateful for) before he passed away. He is now with our Father in Heaven, where we look forward to seeing him again someday. We are currently expecting our second baby, a little girl. She is due in May of 2012. We have a chocolate lab named Sadie and a yellow lab named Lucky. They are both a little over two years old and a lot of fun. I enjoy learning more about God, traveling, shopping, and spending time with my husband,friends,and family. We love God and know we are blessed beyond measure.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

God has heard our Prayers!

Just wanted to give a brief update on the latest news that we have received from the amniocentesis that I had done last week. On Monday the doctor's office called to let us know that the FISH is normal. What does this mean? This means that Gavin does NOT have Down's Syndrome, Trisomy 13, or Trisomy 18. God is so good. I know that He is hearing our prayers. We are still waiting on other results from the amniocentesis that will tell us if Gavin has any other chromosomal abnormalities. We should have those results within a week. I am still very concerned about the small amount of fluid on Gavin's brain, but I know that all I can do is pray that God will take care of it. We will have another ultrasound in two weeks that will follow up with the length of his arms and legs and the amount of fluid on his brain. I want to thank all of you for praying for us and for our sweet baby. We love him so much and know that he is already loved by so many of you. Please continue to pray as we do have a long road ahead of us. We are so greatful for all of the support from our family and friends and for the prayers from so many people that we don't even know. It means so much to us the way that so many of you have reached out to us during this difficult time. I am especially thankful for Ellis. He is my rock. He is so strong and so compassionate. I don't know how I would get through this without him. I am so blessed to have him as my husband and Gavin is so blessed to have him as a father. He loves both of us so much. I am trying so hard to be strong through this, but I'm not always successful. I have good days and bad days. I try to stay busy so that I don't spend my days worrying so much, but as hard as I can't stop thinking about this little guy. I am 20 weeks this week, which means we are half way there. Now that is exciting. I have been feeling Gavin move so much over the last couple of days. Sometimes I think he is trying to tell me that it's going to be okay. I love to feel him move around. I can't wait for the day when Ellis will actually be able to feel him. I know that will put a huge smile on his face. Hope everyone has a great week. I will continue to keep you posted on Gavin as we learn new things.
Love to all,
Melissa

Psalm 118:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His loving kindness is everlasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment