About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I am happily married to Ellis. We were married on May 9th of 2009 (the best day of my life). I am a nurse in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit). Ellis is currently in school full time finishing up his basics and is also working as a care partner at the hospital. He plans to attend nursing school. On December 19th of 2010 we were blessed with our son, Gavin. Gavin was with us for 11 short days (that we are extremely grateful for) before he passed away. He is now with our Father in Heaven, where we look forward to seeing him again someday. We are currently expecting our second baby, a little girl. She is due in May of 2012. We have a chocolate lab named Sadie and a yellow lab named Lucky. They are both a little over two years old and a lot of fun. I enjoy learning more about God, traveling, shopping, and spending time with my husband,friends,and family. We love God and know we are blessed beyond measure.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgivng!







I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We had a great day. I started cooking in the morning and Ellis and I prepared our own Thanksgiving lunch for the two of us. We had a great meal together. Later in the afternoon we went over to Ellis' moms house and spent time with all of Ellis' family. We enjoyed our time over there. We played Phase 10 and enjoyed the company of everyone around us. This year I am especially thankful for a God who hears and answers our prayers, my amazing husband is always there for me, and my wonderful friends and family who continue to amaze me with the care and compassion that they show us each and every day as we go through the scares and struggles of Gavin's health. I am so blessed to have the amazing support system that I have and to know that even in the darkest moments our friends and families are praying for us and our willing to do whatever they can do to help us get through it. I have been off for the last three days and Ellis hasn't had school. We have actually been able to spend a lot of time together which is always great. We love to be together and to actually be able to do things that we enjoy and not have to worry about school or work. The only thing that would have made our Thanksgiving better would have been to be able to see my parents and Gerrit and Rusudan. We look forward to the time when we will see each of them again. I hope you all enjoyed your time together with your family. Remember to take time to thank God for your blessings not only this week but everyday as we have so much to be thankful for.
Love to all,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment