About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I am happily married to Ellis. We were married on May 9th of 2009 (the best day of my life). I am a nurse in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit). Ellis is currently in school full time finishing up his basics and is also working as a care partner at the hospital. He plans to attend nursing school. On December 19th of 2010 we were blessed with our son, Gavin. Gavin was with us for 11 short days (that we are extremely grateful for) before he passed away. He is now with our Father in Heaven, where we look forward to seeing him again someday. We are currently expecting our second baby, a little girl. She is due in May of 2012. We have a chocolate lab named Sadie and a yellow lab named Lucky. They are both a little over two years old and a lot of fun. I enjoy learning more about God, traveling, shopping, and spending time with my husband,friends,and family. We love God and know we are blessed beyond measure.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Gavin's Due Date







Today is the day that Gavin was due. I think the best way to put today is as one of my best friends did today when she sent a sweet text message to check on me. Today is the day that you waited for for 6 months and the day that you have dreaded for the last 3 months. Oh how true that is. I know most babies are not born on their exact due date, but today signifies the day that Gavin would have been full term and ready for the world and he never made it to this point. He never got a chance at life as a full term baby. I'm saddened when I think and ponder all the what if's, but I know that I can't change what happened. I still know that God chose us for this even if I never understand it. To celebrate Gavin's life today we decided to plant a tree in his honor in our front yard. Kathy and Dale some of our close friends along with Lisa, Ellis, and I went to Home Depot to pick out Gavin's perfect tree. It's beautiful. It's a Bradford Pear tree and is pretty all year long. I love it and I love the memories that it will bring back when I see it. I have attached a few pictures of it. I plan on making copies of these pictures and adding them to Gavin's scrapbook. Please continue to pray for us as today has been a little rough for me. I wish that today I was planning for Gavin's birth, not planting a tree in his memory. I miss him so much and I know that people say that it gets easier, but there still isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about and miss my sweet baby. Hope you all enjoy the pictures of our very special tree.
Love to All,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment