About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I am happily married to Ellis. We were married on May 9th of 2009 (the best day of my life). I am a nurse in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit). Ellis is currently in school full time finishing up his basics and is also working as a care partner at the hospital. He plans to attend nursing school. On December 19th of 2010 we were blessed with our son, Gavin. Gavin was with us for 11 short days (that we are extremely grateful for) before he passed away. He is now with our Father in Heaven, where we look forward to seeing him again someday. We are currently expecting our second baby, a little girl. She is due in May of 2012. We have a chocolate lab named Sadie and a yellow lab named Lucky. They are both a little over two years old and a lot of fun. I enjoy learning more about God, traveling, shopping, and spending time with my husband,friends,and family. We love God and know we are blessed beyond measure.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lovin' Life

Good Evening! Hope everyone is doing well. We are doing great. Ellis is out of school this week and I am only working two days. How awesome is that? I am excited to spend time with my sweet hubby and get a few projects done around the house. We are going to finish touching up our bathroom this week and then I will post pictures of our bedroom and our bathroom that we have redone. It looks so awesome. I am ready to paint our whole house, but that will be a project that will take a while. I think that's part of the fun of owning your own home. You can dress it up however you want. We have had a great week-end. I started doing weight watchers almost 3 weeks ago and Ellis has been working out with me. I am trying to lose weight and get back into shape after having Gavin. He is a great trainer and encourager. So yesterday we ran and worked out, took the dogs to the dog park, bathed both dogs, and worked in the yard. It was beautiful outside. I love the beautiful weather. It reminds me of how beautiful the "days" are in heaven everyday and how my sweet Gavin always gets to experience such beauty. After all our hard work we enjoyed date night. We went out to dinner at the Outback Steakhouse and then to see the movie Just Go With It. It was a good movie. We had a great time together as usual. Today we went to Church and the worship service was great. Then we went over to my cousin Lisa's and grilled out with her and R.W. It was nice to see both of them as we haven't seen them much lately. This week we plan to workout hard and enjoy life. It's amazing how much fun you can have doing the little things when you try not to take things for granted. I hope you all enjoy your week. Be positive. Pray for the people in Japan and remember there is always someone worse off than you. Be thankful for the blessings God has given you.
Love to All,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment