About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I am happily married to Ellis. We were married on May 9th of 2009 (the best day of my life). I am a nurse in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit). Ellis is currently in school full time finishing up his basics and is also working as a care partner at the hospital. He plans to attend nursing school. On December 19th of 2010 we were blessed with our son, Gavin. Gavin was with us for 11 short days (that we are extremely grateful for) before he passed away. He is now with our Father in Heaven, where we look forward to seeing him again someday. We are currently expecting our second baby, a little girl. She is due in May of 2012. We have a chocolate lab named Sadie and a yellow lab named Lucky. They are both a little over two years old and a lot of fun. I enjoy learning more about God, traveling, shopping, and spending time with my husband,friends,and family. We love God and know we are blessed beyond measure.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy Hump Day!

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start. Ours is going well. As I mentioned in a previous post this is Ellis' spring break. We have enjoyed spending time together and getting a few things done around the house. We plan to finish our bathroom today, hang our ceiling fan in our room, and maybe fix up our flower bed in the front yard. I really enjoy being outside and working in the yard, so I am excited to get started on that. I'm hoping to get off work tomorrow. I signed up to be off if we are overstaffed (which we will be), so that means one more day I can spend with my sweet hubby. I can never get enough of that. One of my friends and I were talking on Monday, and I can't believe that on Saturday, my sweet Gavin would have been 3 months old. I can't believe that and I can't believe how much he continues to teach me. People would never think that a 2lb 12oz baby who never spoke could teach you so much, but oh he has and continues to. I feel like my patience are really being tested lately. We have been waiting on lab results since Gavin passed away, so that the pathologist can finish his autopsy report and hopefully then the doctors will have a diagnosis for Gavin. It has been two and a half months and we still don't have any answers. I know that these things can take time, but it is really hard to wait and to not know how to prepare for your future. Depending on Gavin's diagnosis will determine if we "try" again. I am praying for patience and understanding as I continue to wait. You would think that I would understand that things don't always go the way I want or plan, but that is a hard concept to grasp at times. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the rest of your day. I am going to count my blessings and enjoy mine.
Love to All,
Melissa



No comments:

Post a Comment